Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crazy little thing called.... Facebook!

Learning to read, spell, write and understand numbers all at once AGAIN at 38 years old it pretty tough! I cried, whined, laughed, got angry and got plain frustrated with the literacy thing, but let me tell you Facebook was a big help aid in my recovery!

I was able to practice writing, reading and comprehension with close friends and new friends that I met through Stroke Survivor pages.

I was also, which is not such a good thing, but hid from friends while healing, I was embarrassed by my speech, so I was still able to "talk" to pals through the computer.

I could share photos, daily motivations and my struggles. Some may saw Facebook is useless or "dangerous"... but I very happy to have used it as a recovery tool.

Since speaking better and having better literary skills, I now actually spend "real" time with my pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment