Sunday, October 9, 2011

What I am Grateful For...

Gratitude is something that has been overlooked in my life, I was a bratty teen who wanted all the pretty things... now that I have been in dire straits lately, recovery really has me looking at life in a all new way... with a ton of gratitude! Here is what I am grateful in my life!



* I am grateful for my life!


* I am grateful for my recovery process, as long and as challenging it has been.


* I am grateful for my mom, my rock, best friend and hero!


* I am grateful for my family... I know I am a stinker!


* I am grateful for P.J. ... and for our many ups and many downs.


* I am grateful for my 2 beautiful children, they warm my heart and make me laugh everyday!


* I am grateful for Emma, Nathan and Jacob, who would not be in my life if not for P.J..


* I am grateful for my brain, as slow as it is, it is my one and only brain.


* I am thankful for my "special" right hand, it has shown me all about being challenged!


* I am thankful for my job, it is a perfect fit for me... Starting Point has been a wonderfully support place.


* I am grateful for Gloria and Cindy, I could not have two better bosses... I want to be Gloria when I grow up, I love her fire, sarcasm and love!


* I am grateful for Julie, my second mother, I love her wisdom and treasure our car stories!


* I am thankful for my long term memory.


* I am grateful that I have not lost my creativity.


* I am thankful that T.K. reminds me that I am losing my sense of humor, life gets crazy sometimes, I need to remember to always laugh!


* I am grateful that my friend Molly is in my life once again!


* I am grateful that I am typing, and getting most of the words correct!


* I am grateful to be reading at the 6th grade level... it could be worse!


* I am grateful for my Kindle, it has sparked a flame in my reading,


* I am thankful my doctors... they take good care of me!


* I am grateful for my ASI ladies, who are always there for me and my many questions!


* I am so thankful for Lynne and Alycia, they are my best guides!


* I am grateful for stroke, I would realize what I have if not for this scare!


* I am thankful for all the "Ah-ha!" moments I now have! They help me learn!


* I am thankful to be able to watch T.K. play football!


* I am super grateful for being here now!


* I am grateful for all the GOOD people in the world!


* I am grateful to have found West Shore Unitarian Universalist church, I really needed them!


* I’m grateful that I've made the right decision hundreds of times.


* I’m grateful that I've made the wrong decision thousands of times, and learned from them.


* I’m grateful that I've learned to be okay with my own weakness.


* I’m grateful for the Internet. It has influenced me more than anything else – in incredibly positive ways.


* I’m grateful for all the suffering I've gone through, since it’s made me appreciate everything so much more.


* I’m grateful that I have everything I need – food, clothes, shelter…


* I’m grateful that I've learned that I no longer have much to fear from life.


* I’m grateful that there are people who care about me.


* I’m grateful for all the help I've gotten over the years – even when I haven’t asked for it.


* I’m grateful that I know that happiness is a choice.


* I’m grateful that I live in a safe place and I don’t have anything to fear when I’m at home.


* I’m grateful that the Internet has leveled the playing field and shortened the distance between people so connections can be made so much more easily.


* I am thankful for music!


* I am thankful for chicken... never the thought the vegetarian I was would ever say this!


* I am grateful for water, I am drinking it so much more!


* I’m grateful that I have a good set of values.


* I’m grateful that I've always put in the hard work when I’ve had to.



* I’m grateful that there is so much beauty and joy to be had in living life.


* I’m grateful that there are artists of all kinds producing wonderful works for my eyes and ears!


* I’m grateful that people can change themselves if they try hard enough – I’m living proof of that.


* I am thankful for tea, iced and hot!


* I am grateful for lemons, that make it much easier to drink water more.


* I am thankful for the West Side Market!


* I am grateful for my two cats, they are so different, so glad that we saved them from the cat pound.


* I am thankful for my bike, it helps me exercise!


* I am grateful for date nights.


* I am also thankful for all of my other stroke survivors I have met over the past 11 months!


* I am grateful for love.


* I am grateful for forgiveness!


* I am grateful for the nurses and therapists that helped me get back to me!!!


* I am grateful for my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment