Monday, November 21, 2011

Fight or Flight...

I have learned a great lesson over this year... I am not a coward!

During therapy, I did not quit, I wanted to, but I cried and continued.

During the period when I could not talk, I cried... and laughed at myself.

When thinking of fight or flight, I stayed in the game and fought... I can't believe I had it in my, I just it is just my stubbornness!

I stood up to my injured brain, and improved it's state... not all the way, but I fought my life and my skills.

I am a fighter and proud of my stubbornness, independence, open-mindness and love.  I am not perfect, I am a shitty checkbook balancer and bill payer... but I am still here to do it shitty... I may flee from accounting... but I fought for my life!

I am Rocky of Stroke Survival!

3 comments:

  1. Keep on fighting! You are brave, and strong and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard my therapist tell another client that he is as stubborn as I am I smiled. My stubbornness has a lot to do with my recovery.

    ReplyDelete