Monday, April 16, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza... great idea!

Since having the strokes, my life-changing strokes, my blessed to have to survived strokes, I am eating eating healthier... I now do not drink coffee (uggggggg!), caffeine, soda (I do stray on the soda thing at times), do not eat fast food, do not drink alcohol... now I do not eat gluten!!!!! Being gluten or flour free is really tough... no pizza, bread, cake, cupcakes, bagels, most cereals... did I mention PIZZA, NO PIZZA!!!!

Well, with much research, I have found that a small handful of pizzerias make gluten free dough and the are quite expensive. So, with even more research and a post from my pal, Heather on Facebook... I discovered a cauliflower crusted pizza... it tried it, it was easy and really tasty!!!!! I am sold... and it is over-all better for you! Here i the recipe I used and once again... I enjoyed this pizza! I topped mine with pepperoni and pineapple...

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1 beaten egg
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
a bit of olive oil


directions:

To “Rice” the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater, this is what I do!). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Then roll in it a ball, smoosh it into the cookie pan, pizza pan... top with sauce, then cheese and toppings.



So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment