Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pills!

Yikes! I take a load of pills everyday... prescriptions and vitamins.

I know I need these pills to stay healthy, but I feel like Sophia Petrillo from the Goldren Girls and I am not ready to put the "old" in golden!

The two pills that really bother me are the Plavix and Lisinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide (AKA blood pressure pills). The Plavix make me bruise like a peach, I bleed looking at a child fall and skin their OWN knee and it takes FOREVER to heal from a wound!

Here is my arm, my scratched me while playing with him, 2 months ago!
My right arm looks I was attacked by a zombie! I love the open wound look!  I have given up the alcohol, caffeine and processed foods while taking Plavix... but now I look like I am falling apart, you should see my shins, I am a bruised mess. I may have to cover my self in bubble wrap! But, like the doctor told me, I am here to dislike my Plavix... which I do know and am blessed for this medical miracle!

Now the Lisinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide makes me sweat, I am HOT all the time.  I do not use blankets at night and I now love the spring and fall months... summer is just too darn hot now! I also have to stay away from sun exposure... and I burn while watching my daughter play soccer, while wearing sunscreen... I will have to watch the game with an umbrella... another Sophia Petrillo move!

I am not fussing about my medicines, I am only letting all of the healthy brained folks out there to take care of their brains or you will be all pilled up like me covered in foam and plastic wrap while sweating in the shade!

Take care survivors!

No comments:

Post a Comment