Tuesday, October 4, 2011

12 Steps to Wellness... One Step at a Time!

Ever since the dietitian talked to me a few weeks ago about being fat... I have not had soda... this is a huge step, I have been sipping on caffeine free soda, like Ginger Ale... but not anymore... water and tea is for me.  I have really cut down on the bread, with that said, I want to start doing whole grain only, which can be a challenge with kids, but I will give it a college try!  I have been walking more, taking the stairs and stretching... BUT I am not getting rest!

Here are 12 Steps to getting healthier... if I put them out here, then I have to show everyone I am getting healthier, right!?

It is also 11 months from the time I had my strokes and I need to kick my bad habits in the rear! I have boot camped my brain, now it is time for the rest of me! It is HARD getting out of your comfort zone... and doing these steps will get me very uncomfortable for a bit!



Living healthfully is simple! Feeling great can be as easy as taking 12 steps to wellness:
1. Drink more water
2. Practice cooking
3. Increase whole grains
4. Increase sweet vegetables
5. Increase leafy green vegetables
6. Experiment with protein
7. Eat less meat, dairy, sugar and chemicalized, artificial junk foods.
8. Develop easy and reliable habits to nurture your body
9. Have healthy relationships that support you
10. Find physical activity you enjoy and do it regularly
11. Find work you love or a way to love the work you have
12. Embrace spiritual practices


Not a bad list... I can do this... oh yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment