Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Great Article to Share

My co-worker, Iam, shared this article with me from the In Good Health magazine which must have been in Lakewood Hospital's waiting area.  It is called, Amazing Attitude: Stroke victim surprises everyone with his upbeat approach to recovery... written by Lori Murray.

I really liked this article, but it has down falls: I am a stroke survivor, not a stroke victim and an article about having a great recovery attitude should be larger than life, not hidden in a magazine hiding in a hospital waiting room, so I want to share it with all of you!

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/mcmurry/ingoodhealth_fairview_2011fall/index.php?startid=12

Bill Forester from the article has inspired me to really get my butt in shape and start exercising more, I am lacking physical activity big time (I despise fatigue!) and my big butt is the evidence.  Now that TK is done with football, maybe we can work out together, he can be my trainer!

I can beat this fatigue!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the phrase stroke victim. The politcally correct word keeps changing from diasabled to handicapped to movement impaired. I don't care about which word people use except for victim. We are not victims.

    ReplyDelete