Monday, January 9, 2012

Vacation Time

I had some vacation time over the Christmas and New Year holiday... it was great!  I would love to be a stay at home mother, it is a dream of mine, but darn this economy, I work, I am good at what I do, but I would love to be home concentrating on my little family and my children's education and activities... sounds corny, I know... but I loved falling back in love with knitting over the vacation, worked on homemade ornaments, making cupcakes, then had Cup Cake Wars with Eloise, cleaned out my pig sty closets, cooked, college visits with T.K., used my Pilates ring in the morning, napped, went to the park and played outside with all the kids on Christmas day, planked a tree (hehehehehe), went to the zoo and went to the movies... it was a joy!  I do not have bags under my eyes, I did not worry about visiting schools on the East side or worry about what to wear to work... it was wonderful!  I was so happy to be home... The only thing that would have made it better is if I had some time to myself... everyone was home, even PJ.  Since he works in other's homes,  no one wants a re-modeler in their home over the holidays!

I am ecstatic about knitting again, it was a bummer trying to do it with my "special" right hand, but I am relearning how to do it using special need hand... I love it, it is so relaxing and it makes me happy to give someone a gift!

So, it is back to work and school again for my family, but I am still thankful everyday to have what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment