Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Same Old Fatigue

I did yard work on Sunday, needed yard work, living in North East Ohio, we have had crazy weather... a very mild winter and and a very early spring... I can't plant flowers yet, I will kill them on the cold nights.  Yet, I am itching to get my summer yard going!  I cleaned out the yucky leaves in the flower beds with my son, planted Brass Ring hosta plants (I had to look that name up) and weeded.  I also put new bottles on my bottle tree, which I adore.

I am not the best housekeeper since the strokes, but I try, my hand is improving, but I still lack coordination... so I have a messy Tupperware cabinet, no biggy! I also have much help from my boyfriend, PJ and son TK... my 5 year old tries to help, but we usually end up with more work, bless her heart!

Well, after 2 and a half of yard work on Sunday, I was beat and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon, went to sleep by 9:30 that night and was exhausted all Monday and sore, I felt like I was run over by an elephant.

I feel OLD, this tired from yard work!!!! At least I got it done... and I will continue to get stronger each month!


4 comments:

  1. It looks really good! Cute yard!! On another note...Would you be so kind as to post this reminder to your bloggers to tune and call in for our first interview! Details below. Thank you!

    A reminder to tune in and call in this Sat. May 13, from 7pm to 8:30pm. Call in to Blog Talk Radio & speak with the host and us at (347) 850-1527 within 15 minutes of show time. Save this date and time and mark your calendar. Thanks!
    Dave & Charlene Nassaney, Authors of One Arm One Leg 100 Words, Overcoming Unbelievable Hardships. (Stroke Survivors for over 15 years)

    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/joyce-lest/2012/05/13/momma-joyce-messages-of-hope-2012-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike doing dishes, yard work produces a lift for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog looking for blogs from other stroke survivors...you have such a great attitude! I haven't tackled yard work yet (and I live in an apartment building, so there's no space for a big garden)...but I'm thinking maybe I'll start small with some window boxes this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is mainly my sense of humor that has really helped with my journey back to health! Gardening, beading and loom knitting have really helped with small motor skills and confidence!

    ReplyDelete