Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Traveling like a Big Girl

I do travel with my job position, it is not much, basically from my home near the Cleveland area to Columbus, a few times a month.  But last month I made a HUGE stride... I went to a Afterschool STEM Science conference in Kansas City... and I took a plane with connecting flight and guess what, I made it OK and made it back OK! I was very nervous, VERY NERVOUS! PJ told me not to tell the TSA agents that I have not flown by myself before and being "special" in the brain, it would be even worse, he said I would talk too much, so I should just not talk to them, I followed that advice!

I had to run to my connecting flight, all the way through the Charlotte airport like OJ Simpson (pre-murderer OJ) to make the connection, but I did it!

I loved the conference and got so much out of it to take back to the programs I work with!  I also won an awesome umbrella and was able to take it back on the planes, I was excited about that!  I am very happy that I put my big girl pants on and did the flights.



I am baby stepping out of my comfort zone, but I am proud of my accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment